Known for his perfect hair and boyish smile, Noah Ohlsen has come a long way since starting Crossfit in 2010. He has won two Crossfit Games regional competitions, and finished 8th at the 2014 & 2015 Games. Tune in to check out his old school method to gaining 30+ pounds of lean muscle, working out with big leagues; Guido Trinidad & Chase Daniels, and his journey to his first Games appearance. It’s time you get familiar with the 8th fittest man in the world because he’s definitely going to be around for a while.
If you LOVE this podcast please click HERE to leave me a review. It energizes me to keep doing these as well as pushes us higher in the rankings. Thank you all for the support.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [3:12] Dealing with critics and common misconceptions | Staying humble and mentally tough
- [5:12] How Noah took his game to the next level | Surrounding yourself with people who are better than you | Finding outside motivation
- [6:00] The infamous wheel barrel incident at the 2015 Crossfit Games | Overcoming set backs
- [8:55] Noah’s thoughts of Guido as a mentor both in and outside of the gym | Finding good role models
- [9:43] Who was Noah Ohlsen before Crossfit?
- [13:30] Noah’s journey to qualifying for his first Crossfit Games
- [16:02] Competitions outside of Crossfit | ECC, WODapalooza, DXB Fitness
- [18:58] Going from 155lbs to 190lbs in 24 months | Weight gaining tips
- [21:12] Noah’s supplement routine
- [22:52] Tapering & recovering techniques for competitions | Percentage work
- [25:13] Noah’s thoughts on the 2016 Open | Preparation, Strategy, and Mentality
- [28:50] Post 2015 Crossfit Games season
- [31:25] Finding motivation on the off season
- [32:45] What’s next after Crossfit? | Noah’s plans for the future